Thursday 4 August 2011

Blogable

Hello again Blog Peeps!

Well the Teddy Bear's Picnic at the Rectory was a roaring success!!

Lots of little (and not so little) boys and girls bought their teddies in varying shapes and sizes (and degrees of thread-bareness!)

I took Teddy & Neddy along with me.

Teddy I have had since I was very small, and he is suitably threadbare, he has travelled the world with me! He was once pink but is now a comforting shade of grey (and has been as long as I can remember)

Neddy is a relatively new addition to my 'guy' collection, although he came to me definitely pre-loved!
The husband and I saw him in a box with lots of other cuddlies on a car boot sale, I couldn't believe it when I saw him there as he was so threadbare and forlorn looking, and he reminded me so much of Teddy, the 'well loved' worn look, the outstretched 'ready for hugs' arms, they are even practically the same size, as you can imagine, they have become the best of friends!








As promised I have some photos of the cake I made to celebrate the occasion





I made a Victoria sponge with buttercream and jam and then set about making it look like a teddy bears picnic!!
I was particularly pleased with the battenburg cake and the BLT sandwiches!!



I'm glad to say everyone liked the cake, and the little ones made short work of the poor sugarpaste teddies eating all their heads first!!



Well I'd better be going, I have a plum crumble (or 'plumble' as I like to call it) to save, the husband's first try at crumble, he usually leaves the baking to me and for a reason I think!

Thanks for reading

Bea x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh I would love to hear your thoughts and comments!